Portland Counseling Therapy – an Integrated Experiential Approach
What Could Be More Important than Investing in Yourself?
We all have our inner work to do. Can you imagine what it would be like for you to wake up one morning and realize that you were no longer the major issue in your own life. counseling therapy can make that difference for you.
Often I advise prospective clients with whom I meet that working on yourself with a counselor or therapist could be the most important investment you will ever make. What could be more important than untangling the thoughts and feelings that undermine your happiness and relationships and getting your “head on straight”?
Helping you to achieve that freedom and get on with a fulfilling life is the purpose of my Portland counseling therapy private practice.
Some of My Clients Share Their Thoughts about Our Working Together
Portland Counseling Therapy Principles
- Difficult as our problems may be, if they are met with your love of truth, they can resolve as personal growth.
- You and your human potential are unique, and your nature “calls” you to express that uniqueness living authentically.
- Your development can best be served by my sharing with you a safe therapy environment in which I meet you with unconditional respect and acceptance.
- With such support, I hold you as capable of resolving your issues and having a life that works for you.
- My counseling therapy is client-centered, not theory-centered. Also it is process-oriented and experiential.
Portland Counseling Therapy Features
- Individual therapy sessions
- Classes, groups, workshops (see Events)
- Sliding scale fee structure
- 50-Minute Complimentary consultation
A Message from Michael
Some of the Client Concerns with which My Portland Counseling Services Work:
Some of the personal issues and concerns with which I help my counseling clients include:
- Adjusting to change / life transitions
- Anger management
- Anxiousness and worry
- Becoming oneself
- Crisis of faith
- Difficult feelings: fear, guilt, shyness, shame, etc.
- Difficulty expressing feelings
- Emotional Overwhelm
- Emotional repression
- Grounding scatteredness & spaciness
- Inner Critic / Self-criticism
- Interpersonal conflict
- Life Purpose & Direction
- Loneliness, alienation, needs, desires
- Mid-life passages
- Personal authenticity
- Personal boundaries
- Relationship issues, breakups, couples counseling
- Search for oneself
- Sexual orientation
- Spiritual development & exploration
- Spiritual emergency
- Values clarification
- Work challenges
Perspectives which Influence My Portland Counseling Therapy Practice
In my work as a counselor / therapist, the primary approaches to therapy in which I have been trained include the following. Each item also provides a link to a more detailed discussion.
Other counseling therapy modalities in which I have been trained and which influence my work include neuro-linguistic programming (NLP), Focusing, meditation, mindfulness, A. H. Almaas inquiry, and hypnotherapy.
Typically when working with a client, my counseling therapy integrates these different therapy perspectives and modalities. My work is client and process-centered, not theory-centered, and so it may differ from client to client as needed.
Explore My Counseling Services with a Free Consultation
Deciding to enter into counseling therapy can be a life-changing decision. So I think it is important for you to have the opportunity to initially meet with me at my near-downtown Portland office at no cost to you.
Therefore I offer a 50-minute complimentary consultation wherein you can share your concerns and explore the “chemistry”.
If you would like to arrange a free consultation, just use the “Consultation” button below, and you can schedule your consultation online now.
Finally, given these difficult economic times, it’s helpful to know that my work is affordable, and I offer a sliding scale.