with A Whole Person Approach to Personal Growth
Thank you for the privilege of your time, and welcome to my Portland counseling practice. My clients and I are fellow travelers through this labyrinth called Life. While we journey together, I offer my clients a safe holding space of unconditional acceptance wherein they can explore themselves, work their issues, and develop to more fulfilling lives.
My counseling practice embodies several principles which distinguish it from others.
- My practice affirms a whole person view of my counseling clients which sees the person as a mind-body-spirit unity. These three dimensions dynamically influence each other.
- Our experience, pleasant or not, is the very path of our unfolding. Staying with our experience, and inquiring into it, instead of running from it, is a dynamic method of transformation.
- Authenticity underlies all that I do as a counselor. That my clients recognize and become comfortable with their uniqueness, that they take responsibility for expressing it as individuals is essential. Authenticity requires of me that I engage my clients as a real person who does not hide behind the role of therapist.
If these principles resonate with you, then I welcome you to arrange a complimentary consultation to explore the possibility of our working together.
Some Endorsements from My Counseling Clients
Some Counseling Assumptions
- You are a process unfolding through your moment-by-moment experience.
- Acknowledging your experience as it arises in session – being with, honoring, and owning it, as it is, is the very thread of your unfolding.
- You and your human potential are unique. Your nature calls you to express that uniqueness.
- Your development can best be served by my sharing with you a safe environment in which I meet you with unconditional respect and acceptance.
- With such support, I hold you as capable of resolving your issues and having a more fulfilling life.
- My counseling therapy is client-centered, process-oriented, and experiential.
Counseling Services I Provide
- Individual therapy sessions
- Classes, groups, workshops (see Events)
- Affordable sliding scale fee structure
- 50-Minute Complimentary consultation
What Could Be More Important than Investing in Yourself?
We all have our inner work to do. Can you imagine what it would be like for you to wake up one morning and realize that you were no longer the major issue in your own life. Counseling can make that difference for you.
Often I advise prospective clients with whom I meet that working on yourself is the most important investment you will ever make. After all, what could be more important than untangling the thoughts and feelings that undermine your happiness and relationships.
Helping you to achieve that freedom and get on with a fulfilling life is the purpose of my Portland counseling practice.
Explore My Counseling Practice with a Free Consultation
Deciding to enter into counseling is a life-changing decision. I think it is important for you to have the opportunity to initially meet with me at my near-downtown Portland office at no cost to you.
Therefore I offer a 50-minute complimentary consultation wherein you can share your concerns and explore the “chemistry”.
If you would like to arrange a free consultation, just use the “Consultation” button below, and you can schedule your consultation online now.
Given these difficult economic times, it’s helpful to know that my work is affordable, and I offer a sliding scale.